Building project management and consultancy
What is building project management?
Building and renovation projects can be lengthy and detailed processes. Building project management and consultancy brings together the expert control, organisation and an in-depth understanding of building regulations and legislation required, to successfully deliver a completed scheme or schedule of works to exacting specifications on budget.
For this reason, Surveyors make excellent project managers as they can utilise their expertise to foresee potential building problems before they have occurred and solve the ones that already exist to ensure the project remains compliant, regulated and on track.
What do we do?
Our Chartered Building Surveyors form project teams of surveyors, architects, contractors, interior designers and every professional required to support you in construction, refurbishment and maintenance projects for property.
Depending on your requirements we can be instructed to manage the project from inception to completion, or to advise you at specific points along the way.
We are experienced in every aspect of building consultancy to ensure the successful completion of building and construction works for the following types of scheme:
- Maintenance, repair and refurbishment works
- Office and commercial property fit outs
- Alterations and extensions
- Complex demolition
- Post dilapidation settlement refurbishments
- New build developments
- Underpinning and structural repairs
- Insurance reinstatement works following fire, storm and flood damage.
We act and advise on:
- Feasibility study of planned works
- Planning consent and building regulations
- Construction design management regulations
- Budgeting and cost analysis
- Developing a detailed scheme
- Preparation of specifications
- Briefing documents
- Review of proposals and requirements
- Contract administration and co-ordinating tenders for work
- Site inspection and monitoring of works on behalf of clients and funders
- Final quality check before contractor leaves site