We conduct building surveys pre-purchase, prior to tenants taking leases, before building works are carried out, and can be instructed to report on condition or specific areas of concern at any time throughout the life span of a property.
We can also advise on any construction, extension, alterations or repairs you may want to make to the property and answer any specific queries or questions you may have regarding the impact on your property.
Our full structural building surveys and condition reports are suitable for all types of commercial and residential property but please note that we are unable to offer home-buyers reports as we don’t feel they provide enough detailed information for our clients. Our surveyors have given an overview of the different kinds of survey available and cover the pros and cons of each in this article: ‘Home-buyers report or building survey’.
Our service includes
- A thorough inspection of all accessible areas of the property
- Production of a comprehensive report that comments on all aspects of the property’s general condition and highlights whether there is any evidence of structural movement, both historic and active, timber defects, and issues relating to dampness.
- Consultation prior to the survey to ensure any specific concerns or development plans you have are considered in the inspection
We act and advise on
- Residential building surveys condition reports
- Commercial building surveys and condition reports
- Construction, extension, alterations and repairs
- Defect diagnosis and advice on remedial works
As a multi-disciplined firm, we can offer our clients a 360 degree consultancy and have a wide range of in-house expertise to call upon should further specialist input be required including Party Wall matters and valuation.
Advice from our surveyors
Our news and knowledge hub holds lots of articles from our surveyors covering top tips, frequently asked questions and expert advice on all things property and land. If you’re interested in building surveys and condition reports, the following articles may be of interest to you: