In the event of the Party Wall Act etc. 1996 being triggered, we act for the Building Owner or Adjoining Owner to prepare awards, notices and schedules of condition and act as the third surveyor when nominated and called upon by other surveyors. All procedures relating to Party Walls are dealt with by a trained Party Wall Surveyor and the Party Wall Act is designed to prevent neighbours having disputes and going to court when building works and alterations take place.
Our service includes
- Issuing notice of works on behalf of Building Owners
- Preparing a schedule of condition for neighbouring property
- Negotiation and preparation of Party Wall Awards
- Advice to adjoining owners regarding neighbouring works
- Dispute resolution
- Monitoring of building work
- Inspection of property before and after agreed works
- Consultancy services in relation to the Party Wall Act 1996 and related issues
If you are planning building work or alterations on or near a Party Structure, it is important to get advice as early as possible to ensure the procedures of the Act are dealt with and enforced correctly from the offset.
As a multi-disciplined firm, we can offer our clients a 360 degree consultancy and have a wide range of in-house expertise to call upon should further specialist input be required including building project management, schedules of condition and contract administration.
Advice from our surveyors
Our news and knowledge hub holds lots of articles from our surveyors covering top tips, frequently asked questions and expert advice on all things property and land. If you’re interested in the The Party Wall Act, the following articles may be of interest to you: