We conduct valuations for companies who own or part own UK residential property to find out if the value of their property falls within the scope of ATED, the annual tax on enveloped dwellings. Our valuations provide a specific market value of the property which meet HMRC’s ATED requirements.
ATED is an annual tax payable by companies that own or part own UK residential property valued at more than £500,000. You need to complete an ATED tax return if your property is:
- owned or partly owned by a company, partnership or collective investment scheme.
- a dwelling (when all or part of the property is used, or could be used as a residence, for example a house or flat and includes any gardens, grounds and buildings within the property) in the UK
- is valued at more than £500,000 on the 1st April 2017 (or at a later purchase date)
Our service includes
- Initial advice in respect of ATED
- Inspection of the property
- Reporting the Market Value at the applicable valuation date
- Liaising with your accountant
- Revaluation figures for ATED returns
- Valuation figures for ATED returns
We conduct ATED valuations throughout London and the South of England and can be instructed to provide both initial valuations and revaluations of the property. The current valuation date for ATED purposes is 1st April 2017. We therefore value properties at this date if owned on or before that date.