Damp issues

We offer surveys that will confirm the presence of damp, it's cause and specify any remedial works that are needed to rectify the issue. 

The expert knowledge you need with the personal service you expect.

Building defects - Damp

What do we do?

Our Chartered Building Surveyors will inspect your property and provide a report that comments any new or existing areas of damp or suspected damp, along with any further specific areas of concern you may have regarding the construction of your home including cracks and roof structures. This service is suitable for all types of residential and commercial property, including flats and properties of non-standard construction.

Following a thorough inspection of the building defect, you will receive a report that provides an overview of the issue, identifies the probable causes and sets out any steps that should be taken to rectify it. We can also extend our service to include a specification of work needed and manage any building works required to remedy the defect and restore your home to its previous condition.


Turn around 

Reports are turned around within five to seven days of inspection and you will be able to talk directly to the surveyor working on your behalf should you have any questions when you receive your report.

To get a quote or discuss your concerns


Will recommend to others

Our Chartered Building Surveyors were instructed by Polly Comber to undertake a Structural Survey on a residential property that she was purchasing in Burnham, Buckinghamshire. Polly kindly shared some feedback about her experience;

“It’s been a pleasure working with Kempton Carr Croft and everyone has been extremely helpful. I will certainly be using you again and will recommend you to others that require the services of a Chartered Building Surveyor”

Polly Comber

Frequently asked questions about damp surveys

  • How much does a damp report cost?

    You can typically expect to pay an hourly fee (a minimum of two hours) for a straight forward residential inspection and report, but for larger or more complex defects, especially those requiring additional equipment such as cherry pickers for external roof access, will cost more. The exact cost will depend on a number of factors specific to the property including access to the defect, distance from the surveyor and severity of the defect in question.

    The prices above are indicative only. We cannot give you an exact figure until you have confirmed the property address and have fully outlined the fault you are concern about, as every property is different. The professional fees payable will always reflect the particular requirements of your property and the time which it is anticipated will be devoted to the matter

    Contact us to get a quote 

  • What is covered in a damp inspection?

    • A thorough inspection of all accessible areas of the property affected by the defect in question
    • Production of a report that comments on the defect, its effects, probable cause and any remedial works required.
    • Consultation prior to the inspection to ensure any specific concerns you have are considered in the inspection and report
  • Do you conduct damp inspections in my area?

    Kempton Carr Croft’s Chartered Surveyors regularly complete building defect analysis inspections throughout London and the whole of the South East of England. The team works from offices in Basingstoke, Camberley, Gerrards Cross, Maidenhead, London, Reading, Staines and Windsor.

    Contact the team. 

  • What is damp?

    Damp is excess moisture and when found within a building’s infrastructure it is important to diagnose it quickly so measures can be taken to fix the cause of the problem before too much damage is done. 


  • What type of damp do I have?

    There are three main types of damp; rising, penetrating and condensation damp. 

    The diagnosis of which type of damp you have should be left to a Surveyor or damp specialist.

    If you spot signs of damp such as musty smell, damp or cold feeling walls, discoloured patches on walls or ceilings, you should contact a surveyor in the first instance.