Expert witness & dispute resolution

Our surveyors act as Expert Witnesses for litigation, arbitration, mediation and general dispute cases relating to property and land.

The expert knowledge you need with the personal service you expect

Expert witness service

We can act for either side of the dispute party or as a ‘Joint Sole’ witness, and will work with you to understand your case before advising the most appropriate path of dispute resolution.

Well-honed negotiation skills and trusted expertise can often avoid the need for expensive arbitration or litigation proceedings and our involvement can help to find common ground that both parties can agree on to reach a resolution.

When disputes do escalate, our impartial knowledge and expertise, combined with a thorough understanding of the legal proceedings we operate in, deliver a fact based report with conclusions that aid the legal process of reaching a satisfactory outcome in dispute resolution.

For the best possible outcome, when it becomes apparent that there is a matter relating to property which is, or is likely to become a dispute it is important to call a surveyor to discuss the options available to you as soon as possible


Our service includes 


  • Building disputes including Party Wall matters & building contract quality
  • Valuation – commercial and residential, including matrimonial
  • Professional negligence claims in building matters
  • Insurance claims
  • Landlord & tenant matters – rent reviews, lease renewals and service charge


For guidance on your individual options, please get in touch


Frequently asked questions about dispute services

  • Do you provide Expert Witness services in my area?

    Kempton Carr Croft’s Chartered Surveyors regularly act as Expert Witnesses throughout London and the whole of the South East of England. The team works from offices in Basingstoke, Camberley, Gerrards Cross, Maidenhead, London, Reading, Staines and Windsor.

Very polite & professional

Malcom Kempton represented our family against a cross rail encroachment dispute, a very difficult & complicated issue. It took time but he laboured on and we finally we had a successful result. He was very polite & professional at all times, as were the other staff we dealt with. I would not hesitate in recommending Kempton Carr Croft to friends & family. I now face a different surveying issue and I didn’t think twice about who to call, this is now on going and I am still impressed with the service being given. I rate them 5 big stars!