We assist landlords and tenants with negotiations relating to dilapidation claims. We advise on any dilapidation liability that may be applicable, supported by a property inspection and issuing a condition report or building survey.
A dilapidation claim will usually occur at the point of lease renewal or break when a landlord believes the occupier is in breach of its repairing, decoration or reinstatement obligations as set out in the tenancy agreement.
Our service includes
- Schedules of dilapidations during, or at termination of lease
- Terminal dilapidation claims compiled
- Schedules of Condition prepared for attachment to leases
- Interim Schedules and Repair Notices prepared
- Management of the completion and monitoring of dilapidation works
- Expert Witness services when dilapidation disputes escalate
- Section 18 valuations prepared by RICS registered valuers
- Defence of dilapidation claims
As a multi-disciplined firm, we can offer our clients a 360 degree consultancy and have a wide range of in-house expertise to call upon should further specialist input be required including lease renewals, schedules of condition and commercial sales and lettings.
Advice from our surveyors
Our news and knowledge hub holds lots of articles from our surveyors covering top tips, frequently asked questions and expert advice on all things property and land. If you’re interested in the dilapidation process, the following articles may be of interest to you: