We assist landlords and tenants with negotiations relating to dilapidation claims. We advise on any dilapidation liability that may be applicable, supported by a property inspection and issuing a condition report or building survey.
A dilapidation claim will usually occur at the point of lease renewal or break when a landlord believes the occupier is in breach of its repairing, decoration or reinstatement obligations as set out in the tenancy agreement.
Our service includes
- Schedules of dilapidations during, or at termination of lease
- Terminal dilapidation claims compiled
- Schedules of Condition prepared for attachment to leases
- Interim Schedules and Repair Notices prepared
- Management of the completion and monitoring of dilapidation works
- Expert Witness services when dilapidation disputes escalate
- Section 18 valuations prepared by RICS registered valuers
- Defence of dilapidation claims
As a multi-disciplined firm, we can offer our clients a 360 degree consultancy and have a wide range of in-house expertise to call upon should further specialist input be required including lease renewals, schedules of condition and commercial sales and lettings.