What information do we collect, hold and process about you?
In connection with your application for work with us, we will collect, hold, and process the following data:
- Name, previous experience, qualifications, contact details, details of your qualifications, skills, experience and employment history; information about your current level of remuneration, including benefit entitlements; whether or not you have a disability for which the organisation needs to make reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process; and information about your entitlement to work in the UK etc
If absolutely necessary and relevant to the job, collect, store and use the following “special categories” of more sensitive personal information:
- Information about your health, including any medical condition, health and sickness records.
- Information about criminal convictions and offences.
- CV and covering letter.
- Information provided by a recruitment agent.
- Any information you provide to us during an interview.
- If applicable the results of any skills based tests.
- Referee details and references.
- All communications from you by email or post.
Why do we collect and process it?
We will use the personal information we collect about you to:
- Assess your skills, qualifications, and suitability for the role.
- Carry out reference checks.
- Communicate with you about the recruitment process.
- Keep records related to our hiring processes.
- Comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
The lawful bases for this processing are those of:
performance of or the entry into a contract;
compliance with legal obligations; and
legitimate interest which is not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
If you fail to provide personal information
If you fail to provide information when requested, which is necessary for us to consider your application (such as evidence of qualifications or work history), we will not be able to process your application successfully. For example, if we require references for this role and you fail to provide us with relevant details, we will not be able to take your application further.
How we use particularly sensitive information
We will use your particularly sensitive personal information in the following ways:
We will use information about your disability status to consider whether we need to provide appropriate adjustments during the recruitment process, for example whether adjustments need to be made during a test or interview.
Information about criminal convictions
We may, if the role requires it, process information about criminal convictions.
- If necessary, we will collect information about your criminal convictions history if we would like to offer you the role (conditional on checks and any other conditions, such as references, being satisfactory). We are entitled to carry out a criminal records check in order to satisfy ourselves that there is nothing in your criminal convictions history which makes you unsuitable for the role. In particular:
- We may be legally required by a regulated body to carry out criminal record checks for those carrying out certain roles such as working with children or vulnerable adults.
- Your role may be one which is listed on the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 and is also specified in the Police Act 1997 (Criminal Records) Regulations so is eligible for a standard or enhanced check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
- The role may require a high degree of trust and integrity as it may involve dealing with high cash value goods, taking cash itself or attending client premises and so we may ask you to seek a basic disclosure of your criminal records history.
Automated Decision Making
You will not be subject to decisions that will have a significant impact on you based solely on automated decision-making.
Data Sharing , Why might you share my personal information with third parties?
Your data will also be processed by the following third party data processors on our behalf:
Microsoft – provides our email service (Outlook)
Mimecast – provides our email archive service
Datto – provides a cloud-based back-up service for data stored on our server
Otherwise, we will only share your personal information with third parties once you have accepted an offer of employment and then only for the purposes of processing your application. This could include arranging a DBS check and collecting references. Once an offer of employment has been accepted, the privacy notice for employees etc. will apply.