Insurance reinstatement works
What is insurance reinstatement work?
In the event of a loss or damage to property being suffered, works will be required to repair and restore the property to full working order. Whether dealing with storm, flood, fire, malicious, accidental or settlement damage, insurance claims will need to be made and insurance re-issued following completion of works.
What do we do?
As surveyors our expertise is required to create a channel of dialogue between property owners or occupiers and their insurers. We also ensure that the property is properly assessed following damage, returned to full working order with minimum disruption and that reinstatement works are regulation compliant and completed to the highest of standards.
Our valuation team can issue reinstatement valuations for insurance purposes and we can be instructed to act by the insurance provider or the owner/occupier of the damaged building.
We can project manage the complete reinstatement works from specification to completion, or advise on matters at any point along the way.
We act and advise on:
- Initial inspection of insurance damage, assessment of claim and advice including matters relating to subsidence, flood and fire.
- Compilation of report to insurance company to appoint a loss adjuster
- Liaison with loss adjustors to agree extent of work required in accordance with the insurance policy
- Preparation of specifications of reinstatement works and plans
- Contract administration and tendering of works
- Works monitoring and progress updates to insurers
- Assessment of completed works
- Certifying completion of works with loss adjustors/insurance company
- Reinstatement valuation of property for insurance purposes
- Investigation into subsidence and heave
- Loss assessment on behalf of property owners and tenants