What do we do?
We act on behalf of Building Owners and Adjoining Owners when the Party Wall Act is likely to be triggered in connection with building work to Party Walls, boundary walls and excavations near neighbouring buildings. The party wall etc. Act 1996 provides a framework for preventing and resolving disputes.
When do you need a Party Wall Surveyor?
If you are planning building work or alterations on or near a Party Structure, it is important to get advice as early as possible to ensure the procedures of the Act are dealt with and enforced correctly from the offset.
All procedures relating to Party Walls are dealt with by a trained Party Wall Surveyor and the Party Wall Act is designed to prevent neighbours having disputes and going to court when building works and alterations take place.
We are experienced in dealing with Party Wall matters in relation to all types of property including those with complex and technical considerations.
View the Party Wall Act – overview for a simple explanation of the Party Wall Act and your obligations.
We act and advice on
- Issuing notice of works on behalf of Building Owners
- Preparing a schedule of condition for neighbouring property
- Negotiation and preparation of Party Wall Awards
- Advice to adjoining owners regarding neighbouring works
- Act as the third surveyor when nominated and called upon by other surveyors preparing awards
- Dispute resolution
- Monitoring of building work
- Inspection of property before and after agreed works
- Consultancy services in relation to the Party Wall Act 1996 and related issues
- Act as the agreed surveyor when appointed to act for both the building owner and the adjoining owner – saving time and costs for all involved
- Appointment as an independent agreed party wall surveyor
Why work with us?
Our recognised and recommended regional firm has a multi-disciplined team that takes pride in its work and in delivering the highest standard of service by building strong working partnerships based on trust, efficiency and excellent communication.
- Experienced and accredited
- Personal and comprehensive
- Established and growing
Find out more about our values, experience and accreditations on our about us page