What do we do?
Our Chartered Surveyors act as LPA receivers act for banks, private and niche market lenders who have secured their loans by a mortgage on a property. Our focus is the recovery of debt and income streams from the charged property to repay or reduce liability to the lender.
The Law of Property Act 1925 (LPA) details the rights and responsibilities of lenders and borrowers who use property as collateral or security for a loan. If terms of the loan are breached, the act sets out options for lenders to take to recover the loan and LPA recievers can be appointed to deal with the case.
Before we are appointed, lenders can offer proposals to the customer suggesting repayment options and outstanding liabilities in the form of a ‘pre-receivership report’. We can assist at this stage to act as a mediator between the two parties should this be required.
We act and advise on
- Taking control of the property
- Reducing the need for repossession
- Diverting rental income
- Handling monies due and minimising financial loss
- Securing, repairing and insuring the property
- Agreeing a settlement with creditors if required
- Arrange an efficient sale of the property in order to repay as much of the loan as possible
- Pursuing planning permission or other actions that may improve the resalable value of the premises
- Implement strategies, negotiate new leases, tenancy agreements and secure planning permission
- Repaying the owner/borrower any money left over after all repayment, debt and costs are accounted for
- Take all liability away from the lender
- Expertly handling insurance, repairs and existing occupants where lenders do not have the capacity and legal knowledge to do so
Why work with us?
Our recognised and recommended regional firm has a multi-disciplined team that takes pride in its work and in delivering the highest standard of service by building strong working partnerships that are based on trust, efficiency and excellent communication.
- Experienced and accredited
- Personal and comprehensive
- Established and growing
Find out more about our values, experience and accreditations on our about us page
Tenants and Occupiers
If you have received notification from your lender of a proposed appointment of an LPA receiver, we would strongly recommend you seek the advice of a solicitor or citizens advice bureau to advise on your case and the options available to you.